Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Monthly Dragon Age - November (10/9/2012)

 

No news of Highschool of the Dead. It wasn't mentioned or even advertised. It will not return next month. I don't expect anyone to be surprised by that.

I shoul have the raws for Triage X Chapter 30 posted sometime today. Maken-Ki! will take a bit longer. I decided not to do Chapter 52 because I've been too busy. I'm going to try my best to do Chapter 53, but it might not be done until Monday. The important thing is you can look forward to my high quality raws this month and not worry about getting them from a site that forces you to register and post in their forum.

For several months now, Dragon Age has been featuring one or two new series each month. Obviously, they have to make some room in their lineup to accommodate all these new series, and it looks like they chose this month to do it, with three series coming to an end in this issue. The first is "Kyo-Ami," which I don't expect many people to care about since it's never been scanlated. "Perowan! - Hayaku Shinasai! Goshujinsama" also ended, and it is being scanlated, though the group is so far behind that they aren't quite halfway to the end yet. I read this series, but I'm indifferent about it ending. It's not that great, you just don't often see a series with a dog girl...or with a foot fetish as a major theme. Both these series have been known for a respectable level of ecchi, but neither made much of an effort to show off in their last chapter.

The last series that ended is "Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni." I'm a bit disappointed by this one. It's a great series with a unique art style, and it is one of the few Dragon Age series that doesn't focus on high school romance and fanservice, but rather explores deeper emotions and darker subjects. I am sad to see it end, but maybe a group will pick it up and finish the scanlation now that it is a project with a definite end.

Each month, Dragon Age allows a few uncensored nipples at most, but some issues are different. Some issues seem to push the limits of what they can get away with. This is one of those issues. Just for fun, I counted the uncensored nipples, and I got about 17, not including the many that are half-concealed or not drawn with enough detail to be explicit. Most of them came in a single oneshot, which incidentally deals with sexual situations throughout. Even outside of the oneshot, I was surprised at the ecchi content in this issue.  Really, though, it's what should be expected from a magazine that specializes in series drawn by hentai artists.

Look for Triage X later today.

3 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for Maken-ki Chapter 52 for about a month. I konw you are very busy, but I hope you can scan Chapter 52. It doesn't mean right now , I will wait for it if you have enough time to scan it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided I'm going to get some help and get Chapter 52 done. I'll try to have it out at the same time as 53.

      Delete
  2. thank you for your info. Keep up the good job, man!

    ReplyDelete